Proudly serving the citizens of Muhlenberg County with integrity since 1991.
Kristi D. Jenkins, Director
Delanna Moore, Deputy Director
David T. Knight, PIO
Preventing Vehicle Theft
The Central Dispatch Office is offering the following tips to help keep your belongings and automobile safe:
• Always lock your automobile and take your keys.
• Make sure all windows are rolled up – all the way.
• Do not leave extra or spare keys in your automobile.
• Do not leave valuables in your automobile (whether in plain sight or hidden).
• Do not leave valuables in your trunk (if your automobile is unlocked, a thief can get to your trunk).
• Park your automobile in a lit area.
• Park your automobile in your garage or driveway if possible.
• Never leave your automobile running.
• Install an anti-theft device that is highly visible, hard to defeat, and renders the automobile inoperable.
• Do not leave important papers, especially a car title, in your automobile.
• Invest in a tracking device in case your vehicle is stolen.
• Record the serial numbers of aftermarket stereos, or other items.
• Engrave your driver’s license number on your stereos, speakers, and cellular phones.
• Do not leave your garage door opener in plain sight in your automobile.
• Consider a security camera on your property.
• Report suspicious activity or persons via 911 immediately.