SAFE EXCHANGE FOR ONLINE TRANSACTIONS
Keep in mind that the Greenville Police Department offers a safe exchange zone in front of their police department located at 200 Court St, Greenville.
The majority of Craigslist users, Trash & Treasurer users and others selling items online are trustworthy and well-meaning. Nevertheless, please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone to make an exchange, please remember to:
• Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center, or our Headquarters building.
• Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
• Be especially careful buying/selling high value items.
• Tell a friend or family member where you're going.
• Take your cellphone with you, if you have one.
• Consider having a friend accompany you.
• Try to conduct your transaction in the daytime.
• Only carry the cash you need for the transaction.
• Trust your instincts.